TRANSPORTATION IS PROVIDED BY THE SCHOOL DISTRICT OF PHILADELPHIA
THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS ARE MADE BY THE SCHOOL DISTRICT OF PHILADELPHIA, NOT CAP
A student must be a resident of the City of Philadelphia and…..
A. Yellow Bus Service: Be designated by the Office of Specialized Services as a participant in a Special Education class and whose participation requires that transportation is needed to enable the student to get to school, [this requirement MUST BE a part of the student's current CAPCS written and approved Individual Educational Program (IEP)],
B. Yellow Bus Service: Be in grades 1 through 6* and live 1.5 miles or farther from Community Academy,
C. Yellow Bus Service: Be in grades 1 through 8 and whose route to school is determined to be hazardous* by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation,
D. Be in grades 7 through 12 and live 1.5 miles or farther from school to be eligible for Student Transpasses.
E. Hours of use: 5:30 AM to 7:00 PM. No evening or weekend use is permitted for Student Transpasses.
F. Days of use: When school is in session. Adults may not use SEPTA Student Transpasses.
- Lost Transpasses: Each student is expected to maintain the safety and security of the free Transpass that was issue - change this sentence to read - Lost SEPTA farecards - Each student is expected to maintain the safety and security of the free farecard that was issued to them.
- Transpasses are to be used for to/from school transportation only. They cannot be used for trips, athletics, or any other purpose - change this sentence to read: SEPTA farecards are to be used for to/from school transportation only. They cannot be used for trips, athletics, or any other purpose
- Please add:
- Students who are granted farecards must keep them from year to year. If lost or stolen please contact one of the following people to assist with deactivating:
- [email protected] for students in grades 1 - 8
- [email protected] for students in grades 9-12.
* The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation and the School District of Philadelphia do NOT consider the route to Community Academy of Philadelphia, CS to be hazardous.*