Elementary Extracurricular Activities
See below for our new clubs and after school activities for the 2022-2023 school year.
Monday Extracurricular Activities
- Reading & Math Games, Grades: K & 1st - Proctor: Mrs. Richichi, [email protected]
Reinforce math & reading concepts learned in the classroom, through fun games and activities.
- Puzzle club: Grades 1 & 2 - Proctor: Mrs. Williams [email protected] Students will have the opportunity to put puzzles together, play some games, and have fun with their friends!
- Improv Club, Grades: 3 & 4 - Proctor: Ms. Nicole Fiala, [email protected]
Improv is a fun and important aspect of acting. Students will learn the basics of improv and will practice the principles of "Yes, And!" In addition, students will work together, listen to each other, and create scenes. Each week, students will play a number of different improv games and activities, like: zip, zap, zop, pass the clap, one word at a time story, and 3-line scenes.
- French Club, Grade: 4-6 - Proctor: Judith Mathador & Mr. Gavlishin [email protected] [email protected]
The purpose of this club is to promote enthusiasm for the French language and culture. We will learn French through role-playing, games, speaking with each other, and other fun activities.
- Bruin News, Grades 7 & 8 (invitation only due to limited space) Proctor: Mrs. Yodis, [email protected]
Be part of the ES CAP News team where you record the news each day for the Elementary School students and staff.
- Be You, Grades 7 & 8 - Proctors: Ms. Binns & Ms. Ms. VanPattten, [email protected] [email protected] Student-run, teacher facilitated club for 7th and 8th graders who want a safe, fun place to be themselves and grow in their identity as young adults. Mostly lots of supportive fun and community building for students who feel like they don't fit the mold.
Tuesday Extracurricular Activities
- Puzzle Club, Grades: Kindergarten - Proctor: Mrs. Sicilia, [email protected] Students will work together with their peers to build puzzles.
- Construction Club, Grades 1& 2 - Proctor Mrs. Domi [email protected] Students will have the opportunity to build a variety of objects using manipulatives.
- Fun Fitness, 1st & 2nd (1st semester) 3rd & 4th (2nd semester) - Rebecca Keil [email protected]
Get fit while having fun! We will try different types of workouts to keep our bodies moving all while having fun. We will try things such as cardio, kickboxing, yoga, outdoor jogging and more!
- Junior Choir, Grades 5-8 - Proctor: Ms. Hannon, [email protected]
Like to sing? Join our Junior choir which will perform in the Winter & Spring Concerts.
- Latin Dance Jr., Grades 6-8 - Proctor: Ms. Reyez, [email protected]
Students will learn the basics of Latin Dance and perform in the Winter & Spring Concerts, Possibly walk in the Puerto Rican Day Parade.
- Math League,Grades6-8 - Proctor: Ms. Donohue, [email protected]& Mr. Phillips, [email protected] Teams working together for Math Competition
- Black Girls Code, Grades 5-8 - Proctor: Ms. Butler [email protected] Learn how to code & program computers. Club will met Tuesdays & Thursdays, running Oct - Dec.
- Cross Country/Running Club, Grades 7&8 - Proctor: Ms. Kain, [email protected]
This club is to promote life- long fitness through running and exercise while improving stamina and building relationships with your peers. 7th and 8th grade students may also have the opportunity to compete if they meet certain athletic and academic criteria.
- Cornhole Club, Grades 7th & 8th - Proctor: Ms. Pogo, [email protected]
Students will learn how to work as a team to play a game. Club meets in the library.
- Gardening Club 5-8 - Proctor: Ms. Van Patten, [email protected]
Come plant and care for outdoor plants. You can see the success of the flowers we grew from seed as you walk in the main entrance! We will also grow vegetables such as lettuce, potatoes and so forth plus flowers as well. Just as last year, we will plant more trees and bushes. You must like to be outside, like to work with plants and not mind getting your hands dirty. Meeting day and time: Wednesday 1-3 pm.
Thursday Extracurricular Activities
- Drawing Club, Grade: Kindergarten - Proctor: Mrs. Gonzalez, [email protected] Students will watch a "how to draw" video. They will draw the picture and color it.
- Watercolor Club, 1st & 2nd (1st semester) 3rd & 4th (2nd semester) - Ms.Sutkin [email protected]
We will learn the basics of watercolor painting and how to practice and build a solid skill foundation with these tools.
- Student Government, Grades 4-8 - Proctors: Ms. Cohen & Ms. Donnelly, [email protected] [email protected]
Classroom representatives and officers (officers 8th grade only) will be chosen by classmates & will assist in fundraising & activities throughout the year.
- Chess Wizards, Grades 3-6 - Proctor: Mr. Dickson, [email protected] Enter into the magical and exciting world of chess with Chess Wizards! Participate in chess games, fun and interactive lessons, tournaments, team matches, trivia and more!
- Philly Beatz, Grade 6 - Proctor: Ms. Hamrick, [email protected] Collaboration with teaching artists at the Kimmel Center allowing students to express themselves through music. *beginning mid Oct.
- Bracelet Making Club, Grades 5-8 - Proctor: Jonee McKellar - [email protected] Bring out your artistic side and learn how to make jewelry! The bracelet making club is a fun opportunity to learn a new skill. Students will learn the basics of jewelry making which includes beading, stringing, and weaving.
Friday Extracurricular Activities
- Arts and Crafts Club, Grades Kinder & 1 - Proctor: Ms. Coccia [email protected]
In Arts and Crafts Club, students will have the opportunity to create different crafts for the seasons/holidays of the year.
- Storybook Club, Grade 2 - Proctor: Ms. Smith, [email protected] Students will read a book & do a craft to correlates to the story.
- Book Club, Grades 3 & 4 - Proctor: Mrs. Forbes, [email protected] Together, we will read a novel and discuss narrative elements, author's craft, and variety of reading skills.
- Drawing Club, Grades 5 & 6 - Proctor: Ms. Bier, [email protected] Learning how to draw intricate pictures of characters, places, etc. through step-by-step interactive videos.
- Elementary School Newspaper, Bruins Bulletin, Grades 3-8 - Proctor: Vince Paravecchia [email protected] Do you like to write? Come join our all-new newspaper club! Help put together our bi-monthly newspaper and see your work published for people to read!