Registration / Enrollment Process
1. Once a slot in a grade is available, Admissions Personnel will notify the applicants on the waiting list by lottery-selected order, to proceed with the registration/enrollment process.
2. Enrollment paperwork may be submitted in multiple ways including in person, by mail, or electronically.
3. Admissions Personnel will review all student documents received.
4. The deadline for enrollment paperwork is flexible for families so long as they keep in contact with the Admissions Office.
5. We do not require school-wide re-enrollment paperwork each school year. All students currently enrolled and attending automatically re-enroll for the following school year.
6. The following items are required for enrollment per the guidelines outlined in
BEC 24 P.S. § 13-130-§13-1306 for all students except for those who are homeless:
a. Proof of child’s age
b. Immunizations required by law
c. Proof of residency
d. Parent Registration Statement
e. Home Language Survey
HOMELESS STUDENT/FAMILY SITUATIONS ARE UNIQUE AND WILL BE ADDRESSED AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION
7. The following items may be helpful for enrollment but are not required:
a. Health or Physical Examination information
b. Academic Records
c. Attendance Records
d. Individualized Education Program, if applicable, and any other Special Education documents
e. Any other records the parent wishes to provide to the school
8. Admissions Personnel will give the nurse or designee a copy of the immunization records to review and verify that immunizations are up-to-date.
9. If immunizations are not up-to-date, the nurse or designee will give the parent a missing immunization letter informing them of which immunizations the student is missing.
10. Once a parent has completed the enrollment paperwork, the Admissions Personnel will review all paperwork to ensure it is complete.
11. If a student is enrolled for the upcoming school year, the Admissions Personnel will provide any necessary documentation such as School Calendar, Summer Reading list (for High School Students), and uniform list to the parent/student.
11. The Admissions Personnel will inform the guidance counselors of all new high school students for scheduling purposes.
12. If the student enrolls during the school year, the Admissions Personnel will provide the parent/student with a School Calendar, Uniform List, Contact Sheet, and inform the parent of the student’s start date. New High School students will be provided with a student ID card, year pin and flag pin. Students in grades 5-8 will receive a student ID.