1. Parents/Guardians may submit an Application of Intent through our online enrollment website, communityacademy.schoolmint.net . Paper applications will still be available for pick up at our front security desk.
2. Parents/guardians are notified via US mail and email/text of their child’s identification number and upcoming lottery dates.
3. The following steps will be taken before running the lottery:
a. Checking all information is completed
b. Applying and removing priorities as needed (sibling preference, at-risk)
c. Detecting and canceling duplicate applications
d. Confirm students age is within state guidelines
e. Export applications to create CSV/XLS Report
4. Admissions and Data Entry Specialist and Director of Student Records will set up in the Media Room on the assigned date for the public lottery.
5. The Director of Student Records will operate our Schoolmint lottery system, which will fill all available seats. The remaining applicants will be placed on a waitlist that is ranked in the order that they were drawn.
6. All applicants’ identification numbers will be displayed on a projection screen in the media room.
7. Once the lottery and waiting list are generated, parents are informed via email/text as appropriate.
a. Admissions and Data Entry Specialist will notify parents when a space is available for the grade that they applied for.
b. Parent/Guardians may view their child’s placement in the school lottery via the Schoolmint website
To qualify for the sibling lottery your child must meet one of the following criteria defined below:
1. A child living in the same home and sharing the same guardian.
2. Biological/adoptive sibling
3. Stepsiblings residing in the same household
4. Foster children residing in the same household
* Stepsiblings residing in different households will not be considered for the sibling lottery*